About me

Monday, May 15, 2017

Graduation Speech

As I think of graduation, I can't help but think of the words of the great Dr. Seuss:" You are off to great places. Today is your day. your mountain is waiting. So…...Get on your way. ”, I am still climbing and I cannot see the top of that mountain he’s talking about, I feel like I have been climbing for years but it has only been a short time - that’s how long of a way I have to go. Every time I think I am almost there I just look down and notice I have just begun, so might as well the best of it.
During my journey up this mountain, a lot of memories were created and a  lot of them will never be forgotten. When I came to Hynes, I was probably the weirdest person you ever met, even though I didn’t really talk to anybody.  In third grade my two front teeth were loose and I had one sticking out I looked like a pirate. I remember on the first day of school, Ella and Nicky kept asking me questions and I would look at them smile, and decide if I should nod yes or no,so I decided to do a pattern. In fourth grade Gina dared me to eat three packs of mustard for candy and I did it, I got m&ms, they were good. In fifth grade Angelina would sometimes sit next to me on the bus to copy my spelling homework, I didn’t know it was cheating I thought it was called helping, and then she or Grace would sometimes tell me scary stories it was really weird I know. In sixth grade I remember the video project in tech it was really fun to do but the video itself was really confusing and weird. In seventh grade I remember being moved a lot of times because I was talking, I was the one always being moved even though Noor was part of the conversation, so unfair. In eighth grade I remember Mrs. Joyner’s beautiful upside down Christmas tree, I remember her calling me creepy the next day. There were many more memories some I loved other I want to forget, but I am glad to have had a chance to meet some of you. There were a lot of ups and downs during my time here there will be more next year, but I would give up anything up to repeat my time here with you again. Can't wait to see you continue the journey up the mountain with me.

1 comment: